Tree plantations with fast growing species contribute to cost efficient climate protection, multiple environmental benefits and a resource efficient, profitable agriculture.
Until 2018 Lignovis has planted roughly 21 million poplars and willows for clients and on own plantations. The produced wood is utilized as renewable energy source for heat & power as well as raw material in the wood processing industry.
Lignovis offers the full range of services for high yielding SRF/SRC (short rotation forestry/coppice) projects in Europe - from consultancy to turnkey project implementation:
- Concept and strategy for cost optimized and environmentally beneficial poplar and willow plantations
- Supply of certified and high yielding planting material from own nurseries
- Establishment and management of fast growing plantations with own machinery (incl. site preparation)
- Turnkey implementation of optimized plantation projects for farmers, energy wood users & investors
- Design and implementation of long-term sourcing strategies for bioenergy projects and the wood-consuming industry
Based on multy year practial experience with surcing of different lignocellulosic feedstocks including a wide range of waste materials for bio-refinery projects, Lignovis offers tailor made biomass consultancy services including R&D project participation, LCA's and sustainablity concepts.